What an AWESOME weekend. Just what the doctor ordered! All the Moldy girls (minus Rebecca, we missed you!) and my cousin and aunt Elise and LuAnn were able to meet up in Denver, Colorado for a fun weekend. MaChel and I arrived thursday night and had a fun detour through Denver before we arrived at Alicia's apartment. Friday morning we slept in, and went for a gorgeous walk. It is really spectacular their.
That afternoon we went to Alicia's work and she gave us a tour of the building she manages. It was so fun to see what she does. It looks like a fun job to me! She helps plan peoples weddings and events with Noah's event center.
Then we decided to head downtown and walk around before we went to our first part of time out. Their were these piano's all along downtown so we had Alicia play us some tunes! We also treated ourselves to a yummy dinner and then a night full of spiritual nourishment!
I felt like I learned so much this weekend. We had several amazing speakers.
- Sister Sheri Dew talked about how we know who we are and we know who's church this is. Our rolls as women in this amazing church. And understand the doctrine, and live what we believe.
-Sister Virginia Peirce (president Hinckleys daughter) talked all about forgiveness. Its between me and the lord. And how we need to refuse to be offended. Gratitude has to be a part of forgiveness. And to always let a little part of your heart be open to forgiving because someday it will happen and you can welcome it in.
-Chris Williams (his wife and two children were killed by a drunk driver) spoke more about forgivness. 1. faith 2. repent 3. cleans yourself 4. move forward.
-Anthony Sweet talked on Charity. It was a huge change for me. He talked about how charity is our personal relationship with our savior. Its not just service. It made me think of the Relief Society moto: Charity Never Faileth. Or in other words (ashley-ism here), Our relationship with God with never fail. Of course we have to be faithful but if we are we God will never fail.
-Laurel Christensen was probably the one I needed most. She said if we pray and ask for what we want God will deliver. But we need to be exactly where we need to be in our lives and to trust Gods plan for us. Our timeline is still in play. We have two choices: give up, or keep moving forward. God is anxiously waiting to answer our prayers just as much as we want it. Their is an end date to everything.
Their were several other talks given and AMAZING musical numbers. Jenny Oaks Baker played some amazing violin pieces and gave us some great advice. And Mercy River, a group of moms, sang some beautiful songs. Their opening song was "Dora, the explorer" So they defiantly kept us entertained. I wish I would have recorded it so Adam could have listened to it. At least once a day he asks me to sing Dora!
I am so grateful for amazing friends and my WONDERFUL husband who made this possible for me to go and spend this time for myself. It was just what I needed. I am a lucky girl to have such wonderful family to spend time with.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
This is so great! I'm so glad you got to go. I've heard that time out is pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing what you learned! I love the post of your boys below. Boys are so funny and so wonderful! Too cute. Your family is so cute! Miss you!
Post a Comment