Smiths was having a really great sale on bulk items so we decided we should go down there and get some more food storage stuff for our pantry. As we are shopping Mike gets a phone call from this chinese man stating that his name is Mr. Woo. He told Mike that he called KOA corporate and got his phone number and needed cabins for 16 people. So Mike politely told this man that all he needed to do was go in the store and register. The man kept telling Mike that he couldn't, and of course the man with his chinese accent was hard for Mike to understand to much. So finally the guys started telling Mike that he couldn't because it was against Arizona Laws. Mike was like "What?" Anyways the guy said, "Its againts the law, we are nudest." Mike finally put everything together that there was this nudest colony that wants to come into the campground and stay in our cabins. And they were in this big bus in front of the campground and we are at the store shopping so we can't rush down there and figure out whats going on. Mike just kept telling the guy No, sorry but No! The guy kept pleading and saying he didn't understand so Mike hung up on him.
Meanwhile the man called our office and the front office lady was in such a puzzle too. She kept saying well how are you going to go to the bathroom? And how are you going to get into the cabin. He told her that they would go in the cabin quickly and that if they had to go to the bathroom they would run fast. She kept telling them that they couldn't do that. And I guess the guy finally told them that they had one towel they could trade of using. In the midst of all this we finally realized that it was April 1st and the phone number that called us was an Arizona number. And why would KOA corporate have Mike's cell phone number? It was just hilarious. So the guy called Mike back again and Mike just started talking to him in Portuguese to try and stall him to listen to the voice and try to figure out who it was. It turned out it was this really funny guy in the campground that likes to play tricks on everyone. But I must say a very good joke!! He had us there for a little bit.I think the funniest part was that Mike and I were at smiths talking about this nudest colony at the campground, I can only wonder what people around us were thinking.
This wasn't the only trick that was played on this very blessed day. MaChel called me and was talking to me about tricks that would be funny to do on our husbands. She was looking online at some funny ideas. So she decided to short-sheet her husband and in the back of my mind I kept thinking I should do it too. After the whole nudest thing I got home and decided that it would be pretty funny to have two tricks played on Mike, so I short-sheeted the bed. When it came time to go to bed I was just taking my time trying to see if Mike would get in before me. And he kept telling me that I was taking forever. So finally he got in bed but he kept his legs up like in a relaxed upward position. I was going CRAZY! I couldn't stall any longer so I got in bed too and just put my legs up as well. So we read our scriptures and talk for a little bit and he finally lays down. He kept saying what is going on here? He was pretty confused and I just start laughing. Then he looks up at me and say's "Ashley did you short sheet me?" It was a great moment for me. I was proud that I could pull off a trick. I actually thought he had caught on when he was taking forever to get into bed, but he had no idea!!! He just better watch out because every year is only going to get better!!!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
April Fools!!
Posted by Rupp Family at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am still laughing about both of the pranks played on Mike that took him some time to fall for! Classic! We are looking forward to the next run, although after running a grewling 5 miles today I really am not sure how your ran 13! I think I will stick with the 5K and possible 10K.
Ashley, that is fun prank, sad that I had to google it to find out what it was though!
Oh wow that was a fun post! I love people who actually think of funny things to do on April Fools Day! Our day was spent with Ben at the doctor taking tests and such. I should have asked if our bill was an April Fools joke and maybe we could have gotten a discount...oh well...
Post a Comment