Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our fun vacation and new addition!!

For spring break we were able to go down to warm and sunny Mesa for some family fun. Curtis, Rebecca, and Family were there at the same time so we had a great time with cousins. We went swimming several times and had fun celebrating Hannah's birthday. We even went to Peter Piper Pizza the last day and stuffed ourselves with pizza and played fun games.





Our biggest excitment was the purchase of our new van!!! Now I know some people reading this are thinking...I bet she is pregnant! Well alas, I am not, I will assure you! Our poor car has done so well for us but it recently had a little brake down and we were highly encouraged to stop putting so many miles on it. So my wonderful husband willingly put his truck up for sale so we could upgrade to a van.
Can I just say that it was a miracle that we found the van that we did. My ideal van was either a 2004 toyota sienna or a 2005 Honda Odyessey. After doing lots of research I really didn't think it was possible to get the van that we wanted in our price range. We were down in the valley on wednesday and Mike drove back home because he had to work. So me and the kids stayed and played. Well friday night Mike calls me and told me he was almost sure he had sold the truck. The guy was just working out the loan from the bank. YAY! So I went on craigslist and started searching. Saturday morning around 8:30 I saw a new posting for an 05' Odyssey in the right price range! I was excited...but I didn't want to get too excited just yet. Luckily it happened to be right in the area that my brother-in-law mike works and he was willing to go take a peek at it for us. He is also very good at being thorough so I completely trusted his opinion.
After he looked at it he gave Mike and I his opinion on the van and there were a few issues that might have been a worry. As we were contemplating what to do the lady that's selling the van calls me and tells me that I have until 5:00 pm to make a decision because she was showing it to some more people later on. I think it was 4:55 when we finally decided to just go for it. It was EXACTLY what we wanted how could we pass that up. The only downer was that it had no DVD player and it was upholstery instead of leather (but that wasn't a huge deal to Mike and I).
The next morning as I pull up to see my van for the first time...I was in LOVE! I knew it was a great choice. Mike was able to sell his truck a few days later and we came out $100 extra on the truck then what we paid for the van. So we practically swapped a truck for a van. What a blessing to not have a car payment and to have the van that we wanted! Heavenly Father is really looking out for us. Everytime I hop into my wonderful van I still can't believe how it all came together. Whats even more crazy is that I never thought I would be a van person...but I am proud to admit that I LOVE it! I LOVE my van so much.



Goodbye to our wonderful truck! It served us well!

0 comments: