Monday, November 30, 2009

A visit to Houston!

Our KOA convention this year was held in Houston. When we found out we were SOOOO excited because we could go visit my parents. Hyrum loved the airplane ride!!! He was such a good traveler too. When we first saw grandpa and grandma Hyrum ran to them and gave them huge hugs. It was fun to see him get to know his grandpa and grandma moldenhauer personally! The whole trip was very busy and kept us moving. But it was a fun trip.



Grandpa and Hyrum waiting at the airport for the other moldy clan!!
Just arrived!
The Aquarium
Hyrum loved the carousel!! We went 3 times!

The Sharks!


The train ride.

A tiger...at the aquarium!!!!


The Zoo!!!





This is the most embarassing picture, but I just had to post it. I was so worn out from all of the previous days and so with a little persuasion I got a "baby" mobile!! I got some pretty funny looks while crusing around. I must say though it was very entertaining. Thank goodness for all those Lew and Dan sundays so I was very well experienced in driving around!!!
The cute grandma and grandpa!!!

Grandma taking a little break!!


The Children's Museum

The maze!
Hyrum with his builder hat on. He wouldn't put it on until he saw that Corbin had one. Then it was ok!

Hyrum loved the grocery store. They even gave him his own credit card to make the purchases.

The outside water center.

My builders!

Cruisen' through Italy






Galveston
Picking seashells at the beach!!!



Behind us is the sea wall. Its pretty crazy how much is still devistated down there. My parents said it was the best they have seen it. And for the most part things are cleaned up. However you will still see a boat every now and then in the middle of a field upside down. It was interesting to just go and see what it all was like.

This is what happens every time we got in the car. We played hard everyday!
NASA

Hyrum loved NASA. All of the rockets fasinated him. We went on a tour of NASA and we got to see a full size ship that they use to train the astronauts. We even got to tour the "green" room which is where many of the first missions were taken place. And the best part was that we got to have a special tour with one of the men that worked there when apollo 13 was happening. He said he was on the front row of the "green" room and witnessed that whole scene. We heard some pretty neat stories.





They had lots of fun space inventions the kids could play with.



The whole trip was so much fun. We were very tired but it was all worth it.

4 comments:

Rex.Moldy Blog said...

Fun updates. It looks like you had a great time in Houston! And you look so stinkin cute!!!!! =)

Abby said...

That looks so fun!! I haven't seen your parents for a long time! And I'm so glad you included pictures of yourself, you are so cute! I'm getting excited for you! Aren't you just feeling so cramped and having a hard time moving around? I sure am! Can't wait until January!

The Pingel Family said...

Wow you guys were busy busy busy! So I feel for you on driving the little car around. I used one when I broke my foot and I used to get really strange looks from people because I was young and driving around the old man mobile. So I know how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Way cute pics Ash. You look so good. I'm glad you guys had such a good time in Houston. Love the handicap cart.